A few weeks ago I announced on Instagram that I would be traveling to New Zealand to run in the Tarawera 100k. There will be lots of firsts, including my first 100k, first time traveling abroad, and first time hiking a Volcano. Here is a quick run down of the events I have planned.
Daily plan (weather permitting)
- 1/31/15 (Saturday) Leave Denver
- 12 hour flight + 20 hour time change
- 2/2/15 (Monday) Arrive in Rotorua, Drive to Egmont National Park
- 2/3/15 (Tuesday) Hike Mt Taranaki, Drive to National Park NZ
- 2/4/15 (Wednesday) Hike the Tongariro Crossing + Mount Tongariro
- 2/5/15 (Thursday) Hike Mount Ngauruhoe (Mt Doom) + Drive to Rotorua
- 2/6/15 (Friday) Relax, Pre Race expo
- 2/7/15 (Saturday) Tarawera 100k
- 2/8/15 (Sunday) Recover / Relax in Rotorua
- 2/9/15 (Monday) Recover / Relax in Rotorua
- 2/10/15 (Tuesday) Fly back to Denver
- 12 Hour flight + 20 hour time change
Race day info
- Race start – 6AM Saturday (2AM Friday MST)
- Live Tracking (Bib 499)
- I will also try to post updates through out the race in the comments below.
Photo Dump (wifi permitting)
5 thoughts on “The Plan for New Zealand”
Safe Travels to you!!!! Can not wait to hear about it and see all the pics.
Enjoy your trip & be safe. Love you! gbth
WOOOOOOP! I’ll be checking for your live tracking on race day!! HAVE SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!
great pics good luck!!
Made it to the start line. Feeling good so far!